Recipe by Terri Newell
I like to prepare meals a day ahead of time, so supper can be on the table quicker when I get home from work. Usually, pasta dishes are out because the noodles end up starchy and the sauce thickens if left overnight. With this recipe, I can prepare the dish ahead of time and cook just before serving for delicious creamy noodles.
Top Review by marliewiggins
Too salty and soft. I ended up with a huge amount of left overs and no one wanted them after the first night. We were looking for the crunch around the edges of the casserole and it didn't happen.
- 2 cups leftover diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups macaroni, raw
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients. Season to taste. With chicken, we like sage, rosemary, thyme and a little garlic.
- Spread in 9x13 pan.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, or at least 4 hours.
- Remove from fridge, put in cold oven. Bake at 350 about one hour, until hot and bubbly.
- Note -- to make it "pizza" flavored, substitute diced pepperoni or cooked Italian sausage for the chicken, and one can tomato soup and one can cheese soup for the mushroom and chicken. Season with oregano or Italian seasoning, and garlic.