Renee Ferraz's Note:
I have not tried this yet, but am posting for safe keeping. I found this on a bag of Martha White all purpose flour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 (6 ounce) containers lemon yogurt
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Spray bottom only of a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2In large bowl, combine butter and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Add yogurt and lemon peel; beat well.
- 5Add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; beat at low speed until smooth.
- 6Spread batter in sprayed pan.
- 7Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 8When ready to bake, let coffee cake stand at room temperature while heating oven to 350 degrees and preparing topping.
- 9To prepare topping, in small bowl combine all topping ingredients; mix well.
- 10Sprinkle topping over coffee cake.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 mins or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool 15 mins.
- 13in small bowl, combine glaze ingredients.
- 14Drizzle glaze over warm coffee cake.
- 15Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Lemon Country Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 31.8 mg
- Sodium 214.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 24.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g