Recipe by Hey Jude
I like making this when I have friends coming for lunch the next day. I can have it all ready the night before, stick it in the fridge and turn my attention to other things. Using a store bought rotisserie chicken makes this even easier!
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 lb bean sprouts
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, including tops
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into 2 to 3 inch strips
- 2 (6 ounce) packages frozen pea pods, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup Spanish peanut
- 12 -18 cherry tomatoes, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread lettuce evenly in a wide 4-quart glass serving bowl.
- Top with a layer each of bean sprouts, water chestnuts, onions, cucumber and chicken.
- Pat pea pods dry and arrange on top.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, curry powder, sugar and ginger.
- Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over pea pods.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or until the next day.
- Just before serving, garnish with nuts and tomato halves.
- To serve, use a spoon and fork to lift out servings, scooping down to the bottom of the dish to include all layers.