Recipe by Kimberly Tia R
This is sooo great for work potlucks, or Christmas morning with family. It's warm and yummy. This recipe was passed on to me from a coworker who got it from the pillsbury classic cookbook!! YUM!
Top Review by CaraMia
I did everything by the directions, but I added red and green pepper. It turned out wonderful!! Everybody loved it! I will definately make it again next year for Christmas breakfast!!
- 1 lb bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cubed (1-lb)
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, w/garlic
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces shredded Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 13x9 inch (3 qt.) glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in large skillet over med.
- high heat until no longer pink, stirring freqeuntly.
- Drain Place bread cubes in sprayed baking dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with cooked sausage, mushrooms and onions.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, half and half, dry mustard and salt; beat lightly.
- Slowly pour egg mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish; press down lightly.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover tightly; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Uncover; bake 1 hour or until golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.