1/1 Photo of Overnight Ice Cream French Toast With Cinnamon Banana Syrup
An easy breakfast/brunch recipe that can be assembled the night before. Change the flavor of ice cream for a completely different flavor. Recipe is from my blog snappygourmet.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups melted vanilla ice cream (or any flavor, regular or low fat)
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices challah, cut into thick slices about 3/4-inch wide (or Brioche or other good white bread)
- 1Spread melted butter on baking sheet(s) until well coated. Set aside.
- 2Whisk together ice cream, eggs, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in large shallow bowl until well combined. Dip bread slices in mixture, allow to soak for a few seconds, then place on baking sheet(s). Cover bread and set in refrigerator overnight.
- 3Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove French toast from refrigerator (bring to room temperature if using a temperature sensitive baking dish such as glass) and remove cover. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes per side or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- 4Meanwhile, place maple syrup, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and banana in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 1 minute increments, stirring after each, until bananas are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Serve over French Toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Ice Cream French Toast With Cinnamon Banana Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 256.3 mg
- Sodium 446.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 65.8 g
- Protein 16.1 g