An easy breakfast/brunch recipe that can be assembled the night before. Change the flavor of ice cream for a completely different flavor. Recipe is from my blog snappygourmet.com
- 2 -3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups melted vanilla ice cream (or any flavor, regular or low fat)
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 slices challah, cut into thick slices about 3/4-inch wide (or Brioche or other good white bread)
- 1 1⁄2 cups maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, peeled, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- Spread melted butter on baking sheet(s) until well coated. Set aside.
- Whisk together ice cream, eggs, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in large shallow bowl until well combined. Dip bread slices in mixture, allow to soak for a few seconds, then place on baking sheet(s). Cover bread and set in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove French toast from refrigerator (bring to room temperature if using a temperature sensitive baking dish such as glass) and remove cover. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10-15 minutes per side or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Meanwhile, place maple syrup, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and banana in microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high in 1 minute increments, stirring after each, until bananas are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Serve over French Toast.