Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Light and easy make ahead fruit salad from Pillsbury Brunch Dishes
Make and share this Overnight Gingered Fruit Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups cantaloupe, balls
- 2 cups honeydew melon balls
- 3 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, halved or sliced (fresh fruits in season such as bing cherries, pitted; peaches, peeled and sliced; blackberries or bl)
- In a large bowl, combine ginger, lime juice and honey.
- Mix well.
- Add cantalope, honeydew melon and pineapple.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring once or twice.
- Just before serving, stir in strawberries and any additional fresh fruit you may choose to add.
This fruit bowl will be wonderful served as a course for Christmas dinner. I made about 1/3 of the recipe to try it out; it was wonderful!! At this time I used canned pineapple but at Christmas I will use fresh, instead of out of season strawberries, I used blackberries out of the freezer with fresh cantaloupe and honedew balls. What a lovely combination, ginger, lime and honey!! compliments the fruit beautifully. Thanks for sharing Leta.