Recipe by TLu
Had this at a friend's and decided to scale down the sugar factor. Great for those overnight guests. We also like it with raspberry topping, using fresh or frozen raspberries and brandy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 10 slices multigrain bread (sliced 1 inch thick)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peaches, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peach brandy or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Pour into a 13x9 dish, place bread slices on top of melted mixture.
- Mix remaining french toast ingredients and pour over bread slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Before cooking, allow to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Serve with Peach Topping.
- Combine ingredients for peach topping in saucepan.
- Heat on medium until heated through.