Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from Pinterest and it was soooo good and sooo convenient because you can make ahead and bake the next morning! *Does not include refrigerating time Recipe from: http://www.ezrapoundcake.com/archives/10199
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 loaf brioche bread (about 1 1/2 pounds) or 1 loaf challah, sliced 1 1/2 inches thick (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar, sorghum, cane or maple syrup
- Combine the melted butter and brown sugar in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the bread slices in the dish. (It’s fine if they overlap.).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Pour the mixture over the bread, and let it soak inches.
- Top the bread slices evenly with the pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 3 to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In the meantime, take the casserole out of the refrigerator, and let it sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Bake the casserole until it’s browned and set, 30 to 45 minutes. Let it cool slightly on a wire rack. Sift confectioners’ sugar over the casserole, and serve it with sorghum, cane, or maple sugar.