Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a wonderful brunch dish I adapted from a Betty Crocker cooking magazine. Not much fussing in the morning. It is good with pancake syrup as well but the orange sauce makes a nice change.
- In bowl, whisk eggs, half-and-half, orange juice, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Dip bread into mix, soaking thoroughly.
- Place in ungreased large pan or rimmed cookie sheet.
- Pour any remaining mix over bread.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate overnight.
- Orange Sauce (make in a. m.).
- Melt butter in small saucepan.
- Add sugar and orange juice concentrate, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat with wire whisk until thick and shiny.
- Heat skillet over medium heat or griddle to 375.
- Grease with butter.
- Cook bread 4-5 minutes per side or until golden.