Recipe by PaulaG
This recipe is adapted from a Taste of Home recipe. Loved the use of the shredded hash browns instead of bread in the dish. Makes serving breakfast for a crowd a true delight. The O'brien style potatoes have onions and bell peppers added to them.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is a good casserole! I mixed it up the night before in about 10 minutes and then baked the next morning, what could be easier?! Next time I think I might brown the hashbrowns a little first. DH also requested there me more cheese added. Made for 8th Annual Photo Swap February 2010.
- 4 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed (O'brien Style)
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the hash browns, ham and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg substitute, milk, pepper and Dijon mustard; pour over the casserole, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking; preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Uncover the casserole and bake for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares; serve with salsa on top.