Recipe by dawnie2u
This is a great make-ahead salad for a luncheon or a potluck. The crunchiness and freshness of this salad makes it very popular. I made this for my step-daughters bridal shower, and there was not a dot left.
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup radish sprouts or 1⁄2 cup other bean sprouts
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 seedless cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips
- 16 ounces frozen petite sweet peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 18 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread lettuce in an even layer in a 4 quart bowl.
- Top with layers of radish sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, and chicken. Place peas on top of salad.
- In a bowl, stir together Mayo, curry powder, sugar and ginger.
- Spread evely over salad.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle salad with peanuts and raisins.
- Arrange tomatoes around edge of bowl, cut side up.
- To serve, use a spoon and fork to lift out some of each layer.