This is a great make-ahead salad for a luncheon or a potluck. The crunchiness and freshness of this salad makes it very popular. I made this for my step-daughters bridal shower, and there was not a dot left.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts or 1/2 cup other bean sprouts
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 seedless cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 4 cups cooked chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch strips
- 16 ounces frozen petite sweet peas, thawed
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 18 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup raisins (or dried cranberries)
- 1Spread lettuce in an even layer in a 4 quart bowl.
- 2Top with layers of radish sprouts, water chestnuts, green onions, cucumber, and chicken. Place peas on top of salad.
- 3In a bowl, stir together Mayo, curry powder, sugar and ginger.
- 4Spread evely over salad.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours up to 24 hours.
- 6Sprinkle salad with peanuts and raisins.
- 7Arrange tomatoes around edge of bowl, cut side up.
- 8To serve, use a spoon and fork to lift out some of each layer.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Curried Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.4
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 597.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: