Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
These cookies Mom made when we were kids and we always enjoyed them. They are a good "dunking" cookie. At Christmas you can add red & green cherries in addition to the nuts. Keep the cookie dough roll in the freezer and make freshly baked cookies as you need them. I hope you enjoy them.
- Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Sift together the flour and soda, then add to the butter mixture.
- Add nuts and form into 2 rolls.
- Place into the freezer for several hours or over night.
- When ready to bake, take out roll and slice into 1/4 inch slices and place on your cookie sheets ready for baking.
- Bake in a 350 degF oven until down (try 5- 8 minutes per pan).