Recipe by Sage
A wonderful creamy salad recipe that came with my first food processor in 1978.
Top Review by Queen Dana
This was so quick to make in the food processor... and tasty too. I used an orange bell pepper instead of green, which tasted good, but made my coleslaw look exceptionally orange. Made for ZWT6.
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, shredded
- 1⁄2 small onion, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables in large bowl. Set aside. In processing bowl Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and mayonnaise till smooth.
- Pour over vegetables and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight stirring occasionally to blend flavours.
- Vegetables can be shredded mechanically or manually.
- 8 hours are cooling time.