Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A wonderful creamy salad recipe that came with my first food processor in 1978.
- 1⁄2 medium cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, shredded
- 1⁄2 small onion, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Place vegetables in large bowl. Set aside. In processing bowl Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, pepper and mayonnaise till smooth.
- Pour over vegetables and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight stirring occasionally to blend flavours.
- Vegetables can be shredded mechanically or manually.
- 8 hours are cooling time.
This was so quick to make in the food processor... and tasty too. I used an orange bell pepper instead of green, which tasted good, but made my coleslaw look exceptionally orange. Made for ZWT6.
I too made in the food processor. Easy and quick. Great summer party salad. Thanks! Made for ZWT 6
Perfection in a bowl. I used everything fresh from the garden, cabbage, onions, carrots, and yellow pepper. I don't think this can make it overnight, as everyone wanted to eat some (a little bit) now. I give up! I used the recipe as instructed with no substitutions. Made for ZWT #6 May 2010