Recipe by Marie
A great make ahead and bake in the morning coffee cake. Have had this recipe for years, but have no idea where it came from.
- 3⁄4 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and add sugar gradually.
- Beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat.
- Add sour cream and mix well.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Combine brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Uncover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or til wooden pick comes out clean.