Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had some homemade cinnamon swirl bread that I needed to use up so this recipe was born. Very easy to put together and bake the next morning.
- 1 loaf cinnamon-swirl bread (cubed)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place cubed bread in GREASED casserole and cover with cranberries evenly.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over bread cubes.
- Put in fridge overnight. The next morning.
- turn on oven to 350°F Place cold casserole in middle of cold oven. Once oven gets to temperature, set timer for 40 minutes. Bake till center is set and knife inserted comes out clean.
Bought a loaf of sinnamon swirl bread just for this recipe, but will tell you ~ Another time I'll make my own! Anyway, I'm a big cranberry fan, & this French toast was just SOOOO GREAT; Very, very tasty, & I'm ready to make it again! Thanks for sharing a great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Every Day Is a Holiday cooking game]
Make for 1-2-3 HIt Wonders. I used regular eggs and Half and half. Really good--rich and tangy.
Loved this french toast! I used cinnamon raisin bread and enjoyed the raisins along with cranberries. Topped with a pat of butter and warm syrup, so very good. I did bake a bit longer than 40 minutes but well worth the wait. Thank you MsSally for posting this wonderful recipe!