Recipe by podapo
A nice way to start a morning, fresh baked cinnamon rolls.
Top Review by Pumpkie
a good tasting cinnamon roll the brown sugar gives it a distinct taste. I loved being able to make this the night before as cinnamon rolls are a lot of work to do first thing in the morning. Recipe is a little unclear, not sure what pan to cook in, not sure what cinnamon butter is so I used 3 tablespoons of butter mixed with 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and I did not leave them out overnight I put them in the fridge as I was unsure. Easy recipe and wonderful smelling while baking. Definite 5 star with clearer directions. I also topped these with cream cheese frosting :)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 2 cups warm milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 -7 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon cinnamon
- butter (extra, softened butter)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 3 ingredients at 6 PM, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Mix next 5 ingredients together while the first mixture is resting.
- Combine the two mixtures and mix well.
- Let stand until 10 PM.
- Divide dough in half and let rest 10 minutes.
- Roll out each piece and add filling (I use white sugar, brown sugar and butter and cinnamon).
- Cut; place in 8 1/2 x 13" pan.
- Cover and let rise overnite. (in refrigerator).
- Bake in the morning at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.