Recipe by jeano51_11744701
A really good and easy receipe. It uses bisquick mix instead of the cubed bread found in most egg bakes. I've switched out the chorizo for sausage or ham, and used parsley instead of the cilantro before. Delicious!
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage or 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 cup original Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (4 0z)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- old el paso thick 'n chunky salsa, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 8-inch square (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook sausage over medium high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain.
- In large bowl, mix sausage and remaining ingredients except salsa. Pour into baking dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- AHeat over to 350°F Bake uncovered 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with salsa.
- Makes 6 servings.