Recipe by sarahec74
I had a bunch of daikon radishes from my organic coop that I had no idea what to do with and so many of the recipes that I found were sophisticated Japanese dishes that I just haven't felt like making. I found this recipe for pickled daikon on allrrecipes.com. It was super easy, quick and DELICIOUS. I couldn't believe how yummy it was. I guess it is not for everyone, though. My husband wasn't as taken as I was, but my 1 1/2 yr old loved them! Salty, crunchy and a little bit of kick! Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped daikon radishes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, toss daikon with salt. Cover, and refrigerate until 1 to 2 tablespoons of water is released, about 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse daikon, removing as much salt as possible. Pat dry with a paper towel, and return to bowl. Stir in rice vinegar, black pepper and, if desired, sesame oil. Cover, and refrigerate at least 8 hours.