A very delicious casserole, prepared a day ahead, and baked the following day. Tip; keep frozen, cooked and chopped chicken or turkey in the freezer ready to use in recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (120 g) package chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken or 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1Lightly grease or spray a 9" x 9" baking pan, or any size baking pan large enough to hold the mixture.
- 2Prepare the stuffing mix with hot water and butter.
- 3Place 1/2 of the stuffing mixture into prepared baking dish.
- 4In a bowl, mix together chicken, onion, celery, mayo and pepper to taste; place on top of the stuffing mix in the baking dish.
- 5In a bowl, mix eggs and milk; pour over the chicken mixture.
- 6Top with the remaining 1/2 of the stuffing mixture.
- 7Refrigerate overnight.
- 8The next day/evening,top with the mushroom soup.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Chicken-stuffing Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.7
- Calories from Fat 451
- Total Fat 50.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 254.0 mg
- Sodium 1481.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 33.8 g