Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Posting in response to a request for an overnight chicken casserole that serves 50 people. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- 20 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 lbs macaroni, cooked and drained
- 36 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs American cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine chicken, macaroni, mushrooms, pimientos, peppers and onions.
- In seperate bowl, combine soups, cheese, milk, basil, and lemon pepper, then add to chicken mixture.
- Pour 12 cups of mixture into four greased 9 x 13 inch baking pans.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Combine corn flakes and melted butter, and sprinkle over casseroles.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Makes 45 to 50 one-cup servings.
I made this on a church mission trip to Mexico and there were people who stayed in to eat this rather than going out for the local cuisine. It was requested to be on the menu for this years trip too. Thanks for posting.