Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Posting in response to a request for an overnight chicken casserole that serves 50 people. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- 20 cups chicken, cooked and cubed
- 2 lbs macaroni, cooked and drained
- 36 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 8 ounces diced pimentos, drained
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs American cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine chicken, macaroni, mushrooms, pimientos, peppers and onions.
- In seperate bowl, combine soups, cheese, milk, basil, and lemon pepper, then add to chicken mixture.
- Pour 12 cups of mixture into four greased 9 x 13 inch baking pans.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Combine corn flakes and melted butter, and sprinkle over casseroles.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, then remove foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Makes 45 to 50 one-cup servings.