Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I grew up eating these as a kid, so I may be biased, but these are the softest, chewiest, tastiest chocolate chip cookies I've encountered (and believe me, I've tested extensively!) Give them a try and I'm sure you'll agree! If you use macadamias and white chocolate morsels, these become the tastiest White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies ever! Just one disclaimer...you will want to use a stand mixer for these, or your arms may just fall off mid-stir!
- 1 1⁄3 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts (or whatever nuts you prefer) or 1 cup pecans, chopped (or whatever nuts you prefer)
- 3 (6 ounce) packages chocolate chips, assorted varieties (I usually use 1 pkg. milk chocolate, 1 pkg. semi sweet, and 1 pkg. bittersweet or dark)
- Cream butter and sugars in stand mixer till well blended and fluffy. Stir in vanilla extract and eggs.
- Sift together flours, soda, and salt.
- Slowly add dry mixture to creamed mixture, stirring well between each addition.
- When all dry ingredients have been incorporated, gently fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (will actually keep about a week in the fridge if you need it to).
- To bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drop cookies by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, till the cookies are *just* starting to brown at the edges. They will look a tad under-baked, but that's what makes them so soft!
- Cool slightly before removing to wire racks.
Yummy cookies! I cooked some just after I made the dough and they were delish. The rest of the dough was put in the fridge as the recipe said and cooked the next day. Still delish. Moist, chewy, sweet, but not too sweet. Yum!