Recipe by LilPinkieJ
This is a recipe from the wall of our old home. Which means, I have no idea where it came from after 7 years. I'm posting these because they are my favorites if they made it to the wall.
Top Review by ashlynn08
A++++++!!! This deserves 10 stars. I halved the recipe and made it for 2 people and they both said it tasted better than the restaurant they always eat at. I did not have the monterey jack so I just added extra swiss and cheddar. I used garlic and butter flavored croutons. Since I made it the night before all the croutons soaked in the egg and added extreme flavor. I added some chopped green peppers to the top. This will become a defenite keeper. This would be good to make for church brunches or breakfast. Thank you so much Jess for the recipe!!! Highly recommend trying this and you wont be dissappointed!!
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package seasoned croutons
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 8 eggs
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausage in large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish, arrange the croutons in a single layer. Layer with all cheeses and top with cooked sausage.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, half-and-half, milk, mustard, onion, salt, and pepper. Pour into the dish over the sausage.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Let sit for 20 minutes before serving.