Recipe by plantfreek
This recipe came to me from my 90 year old Great Aunt Frances and has been in the family for over 100 years. It's a simple, make ahead dish, perfect to slide in the oven before you leave to go to airport to pick up family or to take to a potluck. Do with it what you will. Have fun. Bon appetit--
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups diced ham or 2 cups chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄8 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together macaroni through onions.
- In separate small bowl, mix together the soup and milk till well blended.
- Pour milk mixture into large bowl and stir all ingredients together till blended.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the top and cover with aluminum foil.
- Store overnight in frig.
- Get casserole out of frig one hour before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with salad and bread/rolls.
- **Note: this is not a spicy dish. If you like your food to be spicy feel free to add hot sauce, peppers, celery, etc to your liking. I serve this dish to older relatives when they come to visit and take it to potlucks where it disappears quickly. Simple, old fashioned comfort food. Feel free to adjust to your taste.