1/1 Photo of Overnight Casserole
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe came to me from my 90 year old Great Aunt Frances and has been in the family for over 100 years. It's a simple, make ahead dish, perfect to slide in the oven before you leave to go to airport to pick up family or to take to a potluck. Do with it what you will. Have fun. Bon appetit--
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix together macaroni through onions.
- 2In separate small bowl, mix together the soup and milk till well blended.
- 3Pour milk mixture into large bowl and stir all ingredients together till blended.
- 4Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 5Top with grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle paprika over the top and cover with aluminum foil.
- 6Store overnight in frig.
- 7Get casserole out of frig one hour before baking.
- 8Preheat your oven to 350°F Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- 9Serve with salad and bread/rolls.
- 10**Note: this is not a spicy dish. If you like your food to be spicy feel free to add hot sauce, peppers, celery, etc to your liking. I serve this dish to older relatives when they come to visit and take it to potlucks where it disappears quickly. Simple, old fashioned comfort food. Feel free to adjust to your taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 1217.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 18.7 g