Recipe by Golf Gal
A delightful breakfast treat. Prepare and refrigerate today - bake and eat tomorrow? I found this recipe in Pillsbury's Simply from Scratch Scrumptious, easy recipes.
- 3 -3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well. In small saucepan, heat water, milk and 1/4 cup margarine until very warm,(margarine does not need to melt completely.) 120 to 130°F.
- Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour to form a stiff dough.
- On floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 3/4 cup of flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 to 85F) until light and doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- Grease 13x9-inch pan. In small bowl, combine all caramel-nut topping ingredients except nuts; blend well. Drop mixture by spoonfuls into prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 20x12-inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons margarine or butter. combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over margarine. Starting with 12-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing seam firmly to seal. Cut into 12 (1-inch) slices; place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, let rolls stand at room temperature 1 1/2 hours. Heat over to 375°F Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 1 minute; invert onto wire rack set on sheet of waxed paper.(I just invert the rolls onto a serving dish the other way you will lose some of the gooey topping) 12 rolls.