Golf Gal's Note:
A delightful breakfast treat. Prepare and refrigerate today - bake and eat tomorrow? I found this recipe in Pillsbury's Simply from Scratch Scrumptious, easy recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, salt and yeast; blend well. In small saucepan, heat water, milk and 1/4 cup margarine until very warm,(margarine does not need to melt completely.) 120 to 130°F.
- 2Add warm liquid and egg to flour mixture. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. By hand, stir in 1 3/4 to 2 cups flour to form a stiff dough.
- 3On floured surface, knead in 1/4 to 3/4 cup of flour until dough is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Place in greased bowl; cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel. Let rise in warm place (80 to 85F) until light and doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- 4Grease 13x9-inch pan. In small bowl, combine all caramel-nut topping ingredients except nuts; blend well. Drop mixture by spoonfuls into prepared pan; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 5Punch down dough several times to remove all air bubbles. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 20x12-inch rectangle. Spread with 2 tablespoons margarine or butter. combine 1/3 cup brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over margarine. Starting with 12-inch side, roll up tightly, pressing seam firmly to seal. Cut into 12 (1-inch) slices; place cut side down in prepared pan. Cover refrigerate overnight.
- 6When ready to bake, let rolls stand at room temperature 1 1/2 hours. Heat over to 375°F Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 1 minute; invert onto wire rack set on sheet of waxed paper.(I just invert the rolls onto a serving dish the other way you will lose some of the gooey topping) 12 rolls.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Caramel-Nut Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.7
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 289.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g