1/5 Photos of Overnight Caramel French Toast II
This recipe came from an old issue of Taste of Home. It is so delicious and great for company. You mix it up the night before and bake in the AM. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In small saucepan over med heat, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat and pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- 3Top with 6 slices of bread.
- 4Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread.
- 5Place remaining bread on top.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture; set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, beat egg, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon.
- 8Pour over bread.
- 9Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- 10Remove from frig 30 minutes before baking.
- 11Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-35 minutes.
- 12*Notethat cooking time does not reflect chill time.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Caramel French Toast II
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 391.0 mg
- Sodium 852.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 72.3 g
- Protein 18.4 g