Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from an old issue of Taste of Home. It is so delicious and great for company. You mix it up the night before and bake in the AM. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 12 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In small saucepan over med heat, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Top with 6 slices of bread.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from frig 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-35 minutes.
- *Notethat cooking time does not reflect chill time.
This was soo yummy. I made this for breakfast the night before Christmas. My hubby and I enjoyed it very much. I half the recipe since it was only he and I and it was perfect. I will make again. Thanks for sharing!
I loved the fact that this can be assembled the night before and then just pop it in the oven the next morning. This will be a great recipe to make when we are traveling with friends in our motorhome. Thanks for sharing, Margo59. This is a winner.
I so cheated with this recipe! I used prepared caramel. Poured enough to cover the bottom of the pan, then proceeded with the recipe using 6 slices of bread total and a quarter of the remaining ingredients. Didn`t chill just made sure the egg mixture was evenlt throughout the bread. It was fabulous! As removing from oven it was nicely puffed but as slicing it came down. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe.