This recipe came from an old issue of Taste of Home. It is so delicious and great for company. You mix it up the night before and bake in the AM. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- In small saucepan over med heat, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour into a greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Top with 6 slices of bread.
- Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle half over the bread.
- Place remaining bread on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon.
- Pour over bread.
- Cover and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from frig 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 30-35 minutes.
- *Notethat cooking time does not reflect chill time.