1 hr 15 mins
I have had this recipe so long, I don't even remember where I got it. Great for brunches as it serves up to 10 people easily. The recipe asks for white or whole wheat bread but I usually use 10 - 12 slices of french bread sliced 1" thick, and also sprinkle some ground nutmeg and cinnamon sugar on the top before baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Pour into 9x13 dish that has been greased or sprayed.
- 4Top with half of the bread slices.
- 5combine eggs, milk , vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
- 6sprinkle some cinnamon sugar and nutmeg on bread slices.
- 7Top with remaining bread slices and pour the milk mixture over all.
- 8Gently press down with a spatula to make sure the bread absorbs everything - turn bread slices once.
- 9Sprinkle some cinnamon and nutmeg on top.
- 10Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- 11Bake, covered, at 350F for 45 minutes and then uncovered for 30 - 40 minutes until the center looks set and no longer jiggles when shaken.
- 12Remove from oven, cool slightly.
- 13Cut into squares, scoop caramel sauce from the bottom of the baking dish over the squares and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Caramel French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 312.8 mg
- Sodium 477.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 12.4 g