My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into medium dice
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups half-and-half or 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup farmhouse sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1In a large saute pan over medium heat, add oil and Canadian bacon.
- 2Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then add leeks, thyme, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 3Cook until the leeks are wilted and translucent. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 4In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, Creole mustard, chives, farmhouse cheddar, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- 5Butter an 8- by 8-inch square baking dish.
- 6Layer the English muffins in a shingled pattern, cut side down.
- 7Mix the cooled Canadian bacon mixture into the egg mixture.
- 8Ladle the combined mixture over the English muffins.
- 9Cover, weight with a plate and refrigerate overnight.
- 10In the morning, remove baking dish from the refrigerator and top with Parmesan cheese. Place in the middle rack of a preheated 350-degree oven.
- 11Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife, inserted in the middle of pan, comes out clean.
- 12Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Overnight Canadian Bacon, English Muffin Strata
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.3
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 274.2 mg
- Sodium 993.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 20.5 g