Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into medium dice
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups half-and-half or 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh chives, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup farmhouse sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add oil and Canadian bacon.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, then add leeks, thyme, and ½ teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Cook until the leeks are wilted and translucent. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, half and half, Creole mustard, chives, farmhouse cheddar, ¾ teaspoon kosher salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Butter an 8- by 8-inch square baking dish.
- Layer the English muffins in a shingled pattern, cut side down.
- Mix the cooled Canadian bacon mixture into the egg mixture.
- Ladle the combined mixture over the English muffins.
- Cover, weight with a plate and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove baking dish from the refrigerator and top with Parmesan cheese. Place in the middle rack of a preheated 350-degree oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife, inserted in the middle of pan, comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.