Recipe by Miss Annie
This is a great tasting salad to take to your next potluck or serve at your next dinner party. It feeds a lot of people and it is easy to make. The prep time includes the refrigeration of the greens after washing (I let the lettuce crisp up 24 hours) and the refrigeration of the completed salad for 24 hours.
Top Review by Sharon123
I served this up with dinner last night and we all enjoyed this dish! I used artificial bacon bits and I didn't have plain yogurt so I subbed buttermilk. It came out great! Thanks Miss Annie!
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 bunch chopped green onion
- 4 -5 hard-boiled eggs, grated
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (1 1/2 ounce) packages ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash spinach and lettuce and spin dry.
- Tear into small pieces, wrap in paper towels and refrigerate several hours, or overnight until dry and crisp.
- In a 13"x9"x5" deep dish (I use the foil store- bought pan), layer half the spinach, lettuce, peas, onion, grated eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, combine dry salad dressing mix, mayonnaise, sour cream and yogurt.
- Spread prepared dressing over entire top of salad, making sure the edges are covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish the top with green pepper rings, sliced black olives or green olives, tomato wedges, and slices or wedges of hard-cooked eggs.