Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 49 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a great tasting salad to take to your next potluck or serve at your next dinner party. It feeds a lot of people and it is easy to make. The prep time includes the refrigeration of the greens after washing (I let the lettuce crisp up 24 hours) and the refrigeration of the completed salad for 24 hours.
- Wash spinach and lettuce and spin dry.
- Tear into small pieces, wrap in paper towels and refrigerate several hours, or overnight until dry and crisp.
- In a 13"x9"x5" deep dish (I use the foil store- bought pan), layer half the spinach, lettuce, peas, onion, grated eggs and bacon; repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, combine dry salad dressing mix, mayonnaise, sour cream and yogurt.
- Spread prepared dressing over entire top of salad, making sure the edges are covered.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish the top with green pepper rings, sliced black olives or green olives, tomato wedges, and slices or wedges of hard-cooked eggs.
I served this up with dinner last night and we all enjoyed this dish! I used artificial bacon bits and I didn't have plain yogurt so I subbed buttermilk. It came out great! Thanks Miss Annie!
Miss Annie thumbs up on this salad! We really enjoyed this and it is definitely being added to my cookbook. Thank you so much for sharing another goodie with us.