- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 -8 slices French bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (can substitute Sourdough Bread)
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup spinach, cooked, chopped and well drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Place bread cubes in baking pan. Add bacon and spinach. Top with cheese.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt and dried mustard.
- Pour over bread mixture, covering thoroughly.
- Cover baking pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 35-45 minutes or until set and brown on top.
- Garnish with scallions and parsley.