Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
An easy to prepare breakfast dish that can be made the night before and baked in the morning. This can easily be made vegetarian with a few substitutions...that is what a friend of mine did.
- 5 eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns
- 4 ounces shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces ham, chopped or ground
- 1 tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- Beat eggs until foamy.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into an oiled 9" square or round pan.
- Cover& refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325; remove cover and bake 50 min or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
she said with a few adjustments it could be vegitarian. Anyways! i loved this recipe aspecially because you didnt use bisquick like most of the other breakfast pies. Great recipe!!!!
This is definitely NOT vegetarian. It has ham and eggs in it. Some vegetarians do eat eggs, but I dont know of any vegetarian who would eat ham and still say he's a vegetarian.