Recipe by Shawn C
a different way to make casserole for breakfast, especially if you have some leftover grits at breakfast, use it for tomorrow
- 2 lbs sausage, cooked and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 (6 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 lb cheese, grated
- 1 cup grits, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, heated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- grease a 9x13 baking dish. layer sausage and 1/2 of cheese in casserole dish. mix eggs and next 5 ingredients together. pour over sausage and top with remaining cheese.
- refridgerate overnight.
- bring to room temperature.
- bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- check for doneness with toothpick inserted to come out clean.