Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love how easy this recipe comes together. I had frozen sausage in the freezer and already shredded cheese that made this that much simpler. Delicious! Recipe courtesy of Favorite Recipes from Quilters and Bonita Ensenberger of Albuquerque, NM and Jessica's Nine Patch.
- 1 lb sausage
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheese, shredded (your choice)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Brown sausage and drain excess fat.
- Toss bread cubes with melted butter and arrange in greased 9x13" baking pan.
- Top evenly with sausage and cheese.
- Combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over casserole dish and chill overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes and serve.