Recipe by WiGal
A make ahead recipe my mother gave me from an old Taste of Home magazine-1995. Notice that you refrigerate the batter, then let it get to room temperature in 30 minutes before baking. If you have celiac disease, zori's review might be helpful to you-- she wrote" dr Schar's gluten-free cake flour + 2tbsp potato starch (it makes gf flour stronger) and corn oil in stead of butter."
Top Review by momaphet
This was a tasty coffee cake! Like others I mixed it up in the morning and baked right away. I added vanilla to the cake and topped with cinnamon sugar instead of plain sugar. I did find the cake to be a little dry may add a little more butter the next time. Made for PRMRT
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat egg, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium sized bowl.
- Alternate adding egg mixture and then the milk to flour mixture; beating well after each addition.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of remaining sugar.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, remove from refrigerator and put on counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.