Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe I make when I'm in a hurry to get breakfast on the table. The kids love it when I make something sweet for breakfast, so it's a real treat for them when I serve this. Preparation time does not include the overnight chilling.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and 1/2 cup sugar. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to sugar mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in butter and fold in the berries.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan; sprinkle with the remaining sugar. Cover and chill overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
I *LOVED* this recipe. I love it for many reasons, one: easy - taking only minutes to mix up. two: letting it sit overnight to chill is just wonderful as I think the blueberries and sugar just meld together. three: putting it in oven and baking the next morning smells terrific, and all the work is done! I rinsed the blueberries well so no blueberry color, although that wouldn't of mattered anyway. Tasty and will make often, Thank you!
This is a wonderful recipe. I used raspberries instead of the blueberries and it turned out delicious. This is a keeper. Thanks.