Recipe by mapaklenk
We tried this over the Christmas holidays and it was a hit! Love that it leaves the morning free from cooking during family get-togethers. It originally came from the Allrecipes site, and we made a few changes.
Top Review by Stephanie T.
I've searched high and low for this exact recipe I recently experienced at a wedding brunch. SO amazing! I would have to up the output in one sitting because it was so popular and people ate countless servings but I plan to make it for my family soon. Kudos and many thanks to the originator!!!
- 1 lb French bread, loaf cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup cream (can use half and half)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra to taste
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 10x14 inch baking dish. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight, turning over after several hours.
- The next morning, remove dish from refrigerator and sprinkle with cinnamon to taste. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. Pour over bread and egg mixture. Bake in preheated oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Turn slices over and return dish to oven for an additional 15 minutes.