Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great way to use leftover bagels for a great breakfast the next day.
- 3 day old cinnamon raisin bagel
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- powdered sugar
- Grease a 9" square pan.
- Cut bagels in half, then into 2 inch pieces; place in greased casserole.
- Beat eggs lightly; add milk and vanilla and mix until blended; pour over bagels.
- Push bagels into egg mixture to get them well coated. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from fridge and let stand 15-30 minute Sprinkle with brown sugar and drizzle melted butter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes; Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Quick and easy! Will make again when I have leftover bagels.
This was very good! I had some left over cinnamon raisin bagels and knew I could find a recipe to use them here at the Zaar! This was such a hit I am going to look for the day old bagels at my local grocery store now ; )
We loved this. It was so easy to put together and throw in the oven when I got up. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan. I had a serving and the 5 kids ate the rest of it. I used cinnamon raisin bagels and threw in some raisins on top and sprinkled some cinnamon too.