Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 hrs
This is not an individual roll but a type of sweet bread that is baked in a cylindrical tin (nut roll tins). Serve spread with butter. Makes 2 very moist, fibre rich cakes. An Australian Women's Weekly classic that's extremely easy. 2 Nut Roll tins are required. Keeping time is 3 days. Cooking time includes overnight standing. Australian measurements used.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (I use skim)
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- In a large bowl combine All Bran, sugar, milk, apricots and honey. Cover and stand overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius. Grease 2 nut roll tins well.
- Stir sifted flour into All Bran mixture, until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the 2 prepared tins. Bake for about 1 hour. Stand rolls in tins, with lids on, for 10 minutes. Remove lids and cool on wire rack.