Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is from "Fix it and Forget it Lightly." We like oatmeal and just bought a crockpot, so I want to try this really soon! It would be good for hurried Sunday mornings.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light cream or 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- Spray inside of 2-qt slow cooker with non-fat cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients but cream and pour into cooker.
- Cover and cook on low overnight, ideally 6-8 hours.
- Stir in cream just prior to serving.
I made the mistake of mixing all the ingredients for this together before I realized that I needed to wait until the morning to start cooking it. (I sleep longer than the cooking time and I don't have a timer on my crock pot) Consequently, everything soaked in the milk overnight and my end result was far mushier than it probably would be otherwise. I will make it again but, I will assemble it in the morning, cook only for 5 hours (much of mine burned onto the sides after 6 hrs), and add a bit more honey. It is really good as a hot topping on vanilla ice cream!!!!