I found this recipe a long time ago and haven't tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (found on condiments aisle)
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 -8 slices provolone cheese (use more or less to your liking)
- 4 slices cooked bacon
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate meat in covered bowl or plastic bag for at least 2 hours.
- 2While chicken is marinating, slice onions and mushrooms and cook your bacon.
- 3Saute mushrooms and onions in butter and hickory smoke flavor for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onions are transparent but not brown and mushrooms are tender.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade, and grill for about 10 minutes.
- 5Do not overcook chicken! While grilling, preheat oven on broil.
- 6After chicken is done, remove from grill and place in a shallow baking dish.
- 7Cover each breast with a strip of bacon, then provolone cheese, then some sauteed onions and mushrooms.
- 8Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Over the Top Smothered Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.1
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 862.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid smoke flavoring
hickory liquid smoke