Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is *perfect* for a children's birthday party! The assorted topping listed are only optional use whatever you wish!
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 6 scoops chocolate ice cream (or use flavor desired)
HOT FUDGE SAUCE
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream, unwhipped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- toasted coconut
- chopped walnuts or pecans
- dried cherries (or dried fruit of choice)
- miniature M&M baking bits
- crumbled Oreo cookies
- mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- Scoop the ice cream into a serving bowl; cover with foil and place in the freezer (this can be done a day in advance).
- For the hot fudge sauce; in a medium heavy saucepan combine chocolate, sugar and whipping cream; stir over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Increase the heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil; boil constantly until the sauce is smooth and thick (about 4-5 minutes) remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- TO SERVE: Put each topping in a separate bowl.
- Set out buffet-style; the bowl of ice cream, hot fudge sauce and bowls of toppings.
- Let everybody help themselves :).