Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a grocery flyer, and it intrigued me because of the unusual ingredients. I haven't made it yet.
- Melt 1/3 cup margarine over low heat, stir in pecans until well coated. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and honey until well blended.
- Spread remaining margarine over one side of the 8 slices of bread.
- Place 4 slices of bread, margarine side down into a large non-stick skillet. Top with 1 cheddar cheese slice to cover then place 1/3 cup pecan mixture on top of cheese. Place three apple slices on each sandwich and then one more slice of cheddar. Top with remaining bread slices, margarine side up.
- Cover pan with lid and heat over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- With spatula, carefully peek under sandwich to see how brown it is. Make sure it is toasty brown color before flipping. Using 2 spatulas, carefully flip sandwich to cook the other side. Replace lid and cook another 5 minutes.
I scaled this down to make 1 sandwich and sliced the apple very thin. It was like having dessert for lunch. Very, very good.