I found this recipe in a grocery flyer, and it intrigued me because of the unusual ingredients. I haven't made it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1/3 cup margarine over low heat, stir in pecans until well coated. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and honey until well blended.
- 2Spread remaining margarine over one side of the 8 slices of bread.
- 3Place 4 slices of bread, margarine side down into a large non-stick skillet. Top with 1 cheddar cheese slice to cover then place 1/3 cup pecan mixture on top of cheese. Place three apple slices on each sandwich and then one more slice of cheddar. Top with remaining bread slices, margarine side up.
- 4Cover pan with lid and heat over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- 5With spatula, carefully peek under sandwich to see how brown it is. Make sure it is toasty brown color before flipping. Using 2 spatulas, carefully flip sandwich to cook the other side. Replace lid and cook another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Over the Top Grilled Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 922.9
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 959.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 22.1 g