These Enchiladas are over the top! I was hungry for Mexican food and couldn't decide if I wanted beef, rice, or beans so I concoted this recipe and we loved it. My DH absolutely devours them!They are VERY rich and filling though. *Note these are not a very wet Enchilada. If you prefer more sauce you could add some Enchilada sauce.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked rice
- oz.can kidney beans, chili bean or refried beans
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) cancampbells low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Fry and drain hamburger then add taco seasoning and follow directions on packet for preparing adding as much water as specified on seasoning packet.
- Add cup of cooked rice, beans, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Simmer until cheese melts.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Take flour tortillas and fill down the middle with meat mixture being careful not to overfill. If using corn tortillas warm them first or they will break.
- Fold tortillas over mixture and roll rather tightly until overlapping and place seam side down in a casserole dish.
- Stir soup mixture, sour cream, and green chilis together and spread evenly over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded monterey jack and cheddar.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
- Serve with salsa on the side.