These Enchiladas are over the top! I was hungry for Mexican food and couldn't decide if I wanted beef, rice, or beans so I concoted this recipe and we loved it. My DH absolutely devours them!They are VERY rich and filling though. *Note these are not a very wet Enchilada. If you prefer more sauce you could add some Enchilada sauce.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked rice
- oz.can kidney beans, chili bean or refried beans
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) cancampbells low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Fry and drain hamburger then add taco seasoning and follow directions on packet for preparing adding as much water as specified on seasoning packet.
- Add cup of cooked rice, beans, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Simmer until cheese melts.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Take flour tortillas and fill down the middle with meat mixture being careful not to overfill. If using corn tortillas warm them first or they will break.
- Fold tortillas over mixture and roll rather tightly until overlapping and place seam side down in a casserole dish.
- Stir soup mixture, sour cream, and green chilis together and spread evenly over tortillas.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded monterey jack and cheddar.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Garnish with green onions if desired.
- Serve with salsa on the side.
I made half recipe for just my DH and myself. It still made 6 large flour tortilla enchiladas. I did add half a can of spicy refried beans..I enjoyed these,my DH however perfers more spice. So, next time I will use all the seasoning in half recipe.Went real well with mexican rice,refried beans and fiesta dip and chips..Thank U for this something different enchiladas..
This recipe made a TON! I doubled it due to company. But the enchiladas were huge and very filling. Everyone loved them and raved at how good they were. Thanks! This will definantly be used again
As the Spanish say, El Yum! Alterations and specifications: I halved the recipe, used Bush's Chili Beans, flour AND corn tortillas, skipped the Monterey Jack cheese and used full-fat everything. Because of our natural aversion to cream of mushroom soup, I used only a minimum of the soup/sour cream chili topping. Next time I'll use it all as they came out just a tad dry. My fault, thus the 5 stars. These were just DEE-VINE, Little Bee. Thank you and don't hesitate to concoct stuff in the future.