1/1 Photo of Over the Top Enchiladas
1 hr 50 mins
Little Bee's Note:
These Enchiladas are over the top! I was hungry for Mexican food and couldn't decide if I wanted beef, rice, or beans so I concoted this recipe and we loved it. My DH absolutely devours them!They are VERY rich and filling though. *Note these are not a very wet Enchilada. If you prefer more sauce you could add some Enchilada sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (6 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cooked rice
- oz.can kidney beans, chili bean or refried beans
- flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped chilies
- 1 (12 ounce) can campbells low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- chopped green onion (optional)
- 1Fry and drain hamburger then add taco seasoning and follow directions on packet for preparing adding as much water as specified on seasoning packet.
- 2Add cup of cooked rice, beans, and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 3Simmer until cheese melts.
- 4Let cool to room temperature.
- 5Take flour tortillas and fill down the middle with meat mixture being careful not to overfill. If using corn tortillas warm them first or they will break.
- 6Fold tortillas over mixture and roll rather tightly until overlapping and place seam side down in a casserole dish.
- 7Stir soup mixture, sour cream, and green chilis together and spread evenly over tortillas.
- 8Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded monterey jack and cheddar.
- 10Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- 11Garnish with green onions if desired.
- 12Serve with salsa on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Over the Top Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 354.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of mushroom soup