Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was a creation of throwing stuff together one night when we had guests coming and I decided at the last minute I needed an appetizer. It was a total hit! They are now requested when we throw a party.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash portabellas; set aside to drain.
- In a bowl, blend crab meat, garlic, and cilantro.
- Begin adding mayonnaise slowly.
- The mayonnaise should bind the mixture, and be creamy, but not overpower the mixture.
- Stuff crab mixture into mushroom caps, they will be overstuffed, but that's okay.
- Place mushrooms in casserole dish, try to use a casserole dish that they will fit in without having room to roll around.
- Top each mushroom with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover casserole with foil, folding down the corners to make sure it is secure.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.