Recipe by bratty
This was a creation of throwing stuff together one night when we had guests coming and I decided at the last minute I needed an appetizer. It was a total hit! They are now requested when we throw a party.
Top Review by Merlot
Boy, did these ever go over big! I definitey should have doubled the recipe. There plenty of stuffing so you can put a generous amount in each mushroom. The cheddar melted nicely over the top and was a very nice compliment to the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing this great little appetizer, bratty. Can't wait to make them again.
- 12 small-med. portabella mushrooms
- 1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄2-1 cup mayonnaise
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash portabellas; set aside to drain.
- In a bowl, blend crab meat, garlic, and cilantro.
- Begin adding mayonnaise slowly.
- The mayonnaise should bind the mixture, and be creamy, but not overpower the mixture.
- Stuff crab mixture into mushroom caps, they will be overstuffed, but that's okay.
- Place mushrooms in casserole dish, try to use a casserole dish that they will fit in without having room to roll around.
- Top each mushroom with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover casserole with foil, folding down the corners to make sure it is secure.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.