Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a creation of throwing stuff together one night when we had guests coming and I decided at the last minute I needed an appetizer. It was a total hit! They are now requested when we throw a party.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash portabellas; set aside to drain.
- In a bowl, blend crab meat, garlic, and cilantro.
- Begin adding mayonnaise slowly.
- The mayonnaise should bind the mixture, and be creamy, but not overpower the mixture.
- Stuff crab mixture into mushroom caps, they will be overstuffed, but that's okay.
- Place mushrooms in casserole dish, try to use a casserole dish that they will fit in without having room to roll around.
- Top each mushroom with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover casserole with foil, folding down the corners to make sure it is secure.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Boy, did these ever go over big! I definitey should have doubled the recipe. There plenty of stuffing so you can put a generous amount in each mushroom. The cheddar melted nicely over the top and was a very nice compliment to the rest of the ingredients. Thanks for sharing this great little appetizer, bratty. Can't wait to make them again.
Tasty, but not over the top. We decided that the imitation crab didn't taste so good on the first batch and needed real crabmeat. So we purchased real crab for the second batch and added a little Old Bay. Also didnt like the cheddar cheese at all and subbed Parmesan. That made them over the top! Cilantro overwhelmed the overall taste on the first batch and subbed fresh Parsley on the second. After all the tweaking it became a different recipe. A good starter recipe but we changed this recipe so much that it isn't fair to give it a bad rating.
I really enjoyed these. I added bread crumbs and used mozzerella cheese. They were a BIG hit!