1/2 Photos of Over-Stuffed Zucchini
Dont let the length of the recipe scare you, it is extremely simple to throw together and this is a dish my children love. It is also a great way to use up ALL of those zucchini that one plant seemed to have made this summer :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium zucchini
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushroom
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 14 ounces Italian stewed tomatoes, diced
- 3 cups croutons, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Lop off the ends of each zucchini and slice in half lengthwise.
- 2Scoop out the middle (pulp) with a spoon leaving 1/4 inch on the bottom and sides of the zucchini halves.
- 3Chop the pulp and reserve.
- 4Brown beef and pork.
- 5Saute onions and mushrooms until soft.
- 6Combine the two mixtures and set aside.
- 7Blend spinach, tomatoes, zucchini pulp, bread cubes, parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, italian seasoning and red pepper flakes.
- 8Add this to the meat, onion and mushroom mixture.
- 9Equaly divide between the zucchini halves.
- 10Top with mozzerella.
- 11Place in 2 large baking dishes with 1/4 cup of water each.
- 12Cover with aluminum foil.
- 13Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 20 min longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is browned and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Over-Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 248.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: