Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a very simple recipe that I make on Sundays for my weekday lunches. It's healthy and economical... did I mention it's EASY? :-) An added bonus-- the more you heat this up, the more delicious it gets...
- 4 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 lb kielbasa, sliced lengthwise, then in half-moon pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced (or you can chop, I prefer slices)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- brown rice, cooked
- Place all ingredients (except rice) in the slow cooker. Cook on low about 6-8 hours (the longer it cooks, the more delicious it is!) Serve with rice.