1/2 Photos of Oven Wild Rice
Charlotte J's Note:
This came in one of my emial. Sounds like a simple way to soften this so called "rice" for your recipes. I can't wait to try this.
My Private Note
- 1You want to fix this the night before you need it.
- 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 3Using a heavy kettle (with a lid), bring the water to a boil.
- 4When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and add the rice.
- 5Stir so the wild rice is evenly distributed.
- 6Put the lid on the kettle and put into the oven.
- 7TURN OFF OVEN.
- 8Do not open the oven until morning.
- 9If there is any liquid left in pan, drain off.
- 10Then add to your salads, soups or casseroles.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oven Wild Rice
Serving Size: 1 (1742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1142.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 47.1 g