Recipe by Charlotte J
This came in one of my emial. Sounds like a simple way to soften this so called "rice" for your recipes. I can't wait to try this.
Top Review by WiGal
How easy! Wished I had known about this years ago as we love recipe#178083. Made a half batch, came out with 6 cups, and froze ours in portions for soup making. Thank you Charlotte J for sharing a very convenient recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- You want to fix this the night before you need it.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Using a heavy kettle (with a lid), bring the water to a boil.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, turn the heat off and add the rice.
- Stir so the wild rice is evenly distributed.
- Put the lid on the kettle and put into the oven.
- TURN OFF OVEN.
- Do not open the oven until morning.
- If there is any liquid left in pan, drain off.
- Then add to your salads, soups or casseroles.