Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
Love roasted veggies with rosemary and garlic, so what could be better with tri-tip. Recipe comes from Fox Brook Winery, good served with Cabernet Sauvignon Wine.
- 2 lbs tri-tip roast
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 red potatoes, halved
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 sweet onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- Combine rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- Spread half of herb paste evenly over roast.
- Add olive oil to remaining paste; place vegetables in large bowl; pour herb-oil over vegetables, stirring to coat.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan; Arrange vegetables around roast (DON'T add water or cover).
- Roast at 425°F for 35 to 40 minutes for rare to medium; Remove roast and peppers to warm platter, allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F and continue cooking potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned: add potatoes and onions to meat platter, carve roast against grain and serve with vegetables.
super flavor, I used all the paste as a rub for the meat and cooked mashed potatoes on the side we like contrast in flavors on the plate rather than everything having the same taste. I used 2 tsp. rosemary and 3 cloves garlic and the meat was fantastic, thanks.
I'm not sure what happened, but after 40 minutes, my roast was just shy of still mooing. I had to pop it back in for another 15-20 for it to come out medium. By that time, my onions and potatoes were almost burnt. However, the roast tasted quite good, so I'm still giving it 4 stars. thanks.
Maybe the best roast I've made yet? I did add a little soy sauce. I baked it for a bit then I added: cut up potatoes, leeks, carrots, and bell peppers. YUM!!!