Recipe by Barb G.
Love roasted veggies with rosemary and garlic, so what could be better with tri-tip. Recipe comes from Fox Brook Winery, good served with Cabernet Sauvignon Wine.
Top Review by Brydell
super flavor, I used all the paste as a rub for the meat and cooked mashed potatoes on the side we like contrast in flavors on the plate rather than everything having the same taste. I used 2 tsp. rosemary and 3 cloves garlic and the meat was fantastic, thanks.
- 2 lbs tri-tip roast
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 red potatoes, halved
- 2 red bell peppers or 2 yellow bell peppers or 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 sweet onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to form a paste.
- Spread half of herb paste evenly over roast.
- Add olive oil to remaining paste; place vegetables in large bowl; pour herb-oil over vegetables, stirring to coat.
- Place roast, fat side up, on rack in open roasting pan; Arrange vegetables around roast (DON'T add water or cover).
- Roast at 425°F for 35 to 40 minutes for rare to medium; Remove roast and peppers to warm platter, allow to stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile increase oven temperature to 475°F and continue cooking potatoes and onions 10 minutes or until tender and lightly browned: add potatoes and onions to meat platter, carve roast against grain and serve with vegetables.